Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Thoughts from Sangha

Continuing to focus on the basics of mindful practice, we go to the three jewels of buddhism to take refuge. However we go to the three jewels also for inspiration, for healing and for empowerment.
In these challenging days, we need all three to guide us through the darkness. So we take refuge in the Buddha, in the Christ, in the ancestral teachers of all faiths.
We take refuge in the Dharma, the sacred scriptures from many sources of those who have gone before.
We take refuge in the Sangha, the beloved community that calls us together, reminding us we are not alone but connected as a human family and in relationship with all life.
As I reflect on my own practice, I become aware that I also and perhaps prior to the three refuges, take refuge in the sacred space of my practice center. The energy of my outer space and how I organize gives me a energy and a place of safety, giving me a place to breathe, a experience of peace and balance. Pictures of blood ancestors and yes descendents and friends who have gone before and who now are my mentors and teachers, gifts from friends, reminding me I am surrounded by a circle of love. Surrounding me are the symbols of the faith traditions that have nourished me: Jesus, Buddhist, Native American and the land upon which I live. These all become a living part of the Sangha community and take me deep into mindful practice and my interior sacred space. Here I can Stop. become calm, rest, heal and allow the darkness become transformed. Here I can go with the flow of my inner river.
I invite you to reflect on your outer and inner space, knowing it is sacred. How does it inspire and keep you grounded? what do you need to change?
Namaste.
Ola Harrison and Bill Todd
1 Comment
Like
Comment

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting Singing Stones Sangha. May your time here be blessed